Not everyone has the possibility to leave the car parked in a covered place, right? Whoever parks the vehicle outdoors ends up leaving the car’s paintwork and bodywork exposed to the dust and dirt of birds, in addition to the action of salt air, humidity, and excess sun. At these times, does putting on a car cover help or hinder even more? To clear up this doubt, we talked to an expert, check it out!
Is using a car cover advantageous?
The answer to that question is: as long as you use it correctly! Giving up the car cover can damage the bodywork, but if the vehicle has the cover under a very strong sun, for example, it can create a kind of greenhouse and generate excessive heat, which is also not good for painting. So, for the hood to work in your favor, does the car need to be parked in a shady place, combined? Also, the expert gives you other really cool tips:
- Do not use the car cover if it is damp, especially if it is wet inside, okay? Always dry it in the sun and only use it when it is completely dry. Moisture can rust the bodywork;
- Do not put the cover on if the car engine is still warm. The moisture from the engine heat can form a layer of moisture between the car and the hood, which, as we said above, is not cool for bodywork;
- Do not use covers on newly painted cars. Always ask the workshop what the most suitable waiting period for the type of paint and paint done to avoid any damage to the car;
- Make sure that the cover does not leak. They can stain the bodywork;
You may not know it, but there is a car cover for every need. For you to understand correctly, we prepared a very easy guide!
- To protect your vehicle from the sun or rain
For these cases, buy a waterproof cover, with UV protection and internal lining. And give preference to those that reflect sunlight, which will avoid that greenhouse effect mentioned above!
- To protect your vehicle from dust accumulation
If you keep your car indoors and your number one enemy is dust, look for a permeable cover that absorbs moisture and protects your vehicle from dust accumulation.
- To protect cars that sleep in the open
In these cases, the objective is to protect the painting from the humidity of the serene and from eventual rain with hail, in addition to acid rain, typical of large cities. The most suitable covers are those of textured polyethylene, with full lining, including the car’s sides.
Ah, it is worth mentioning that there are also covers with side zippers, which allow you to enter the vehicle without having to remove them to pick up objects or perform maintenance!
So, did you like our tips? Another very easy way to get on with your car is to purchase Auto Insurance! With it, your vehicle is always protected.