Chevy Colorado is one of the most popular vehicles in the market. It comes with a touch screen interface that allows drivers to control various functions of the vehicle. However, some drivers have reported that their touch screens are not working. The advantages of using a touch screen interface in a car are clear. However, if the screen fails, it can be difficult to operate the vehicle. There are some possible causes of a Chevy Colorado touch screen not working, and if you notice that your screen is not responding, it is important to take action. Below are some of the most common causes of Chevy Colorado touch screen not working and tips on how to fix them.
Advantages of Chevy Colorado Touch Screen
Before you can start looking at the reasons why your touch screen on your Chevrolet Colorado does not work, we will first show you all the many useful features that this equipment will help you get.
- It is possible to view multimedia content on a car screen.
- The ability to track a GPS route with a large monitor, allowing you to navigate more easily.
- Accessible to lots of settings options when using a car with an operating system installed on the dashboard.
- When your phone is in sync with your car, you will be able to make and receive calls.
- Easy to use the touchscreen compared to using buttons and knobs.
Complications of Chevy Colorado Touch Screen
There are a lot of problems that you might be dealing with, but here are the common ones that you may encounter:
- The Chevy Colorado touch screen won’t turn on: This problem is very frequent on a car with a screen, it is usually caused by a bad power supply.
- The Chevy Colorado touch screen is not responding: If the display screen stops responding, it’s very possible that your screen is unable to run the operating system that you use.
- The Chevy Colorado touch screen turns off and on for no reason: If this happens, it means that your computer is a victim of a circuit break.
How to Fix Chevy Colorado Touch Screen
Here are some simple solutions to common touch screen problems like the above:
- Your screen won’t turn on at all: In this case, there is a chance that the power supply fuse will be ruined, so it is very important to properly inspect the fuse.
- Frozen screen: It is most likely a bug you have got, you’ve got to try to unplug/repair the fuses and try to reboot the screen. If that fails, you could have a problem with the operating system of the screen. Make certain to call up a repairman.
- Your screen turns off and on for no reason: In a situation like this, it may happen that a circuit has been cut. Make sure all fuses are working properly and that you have all the correct connections. If nothing is found, you need to call an electrician to resolve the problem.