Any number of things, most frequently a blown fuse or even if you struck something or knocked a wire free, might cause the radio screen inside a Chevy Suburban car to go out.
It may also be the result of an issue with the circuit board or the display itself. If your screen isn’t functioning, you can identify the issue and have it corrected.
Common Issues of Chevy Suburban Radio Display Not Working
The screen going blank, no audio, or static in the speakers are the three most frequent issues we encounter with Chevy Silverado radios. All of them have distinct root causes, but they are all fixable.
- The display turns off
- The speakers no longer produce sound
- Noise from the speakers
- There is no radio display
Blowing fuses, loose wires, and display issues are the most typical culprits for these issues.
How to Fix a Chevy Suburban Radio Display Not Working
Determine which fuse is in charge of your Chevy Suburban radio’s screen as a first step. A list of the fuses for your Suburban’s radio as well as other components should be in the owner’s handbook.
- Make sure these are not blown out by checking them.
- If the fuse is functioning properly, you should next inspect the radio plug for frayed or loose wires.
- Try wriggling any damaged or loose wires to see if they turn on again.
- Before you replace the component, you still have one more chance to repair the Chevy Suburban radio screen.
- The radio-to-computer link might occasionally get loose and need to be reseated
Many of the problems are internal or screen-related. This means that in order to assure performance, you need to have a qualified technician operate on your radio. Additionally, it’s critical to have the appropriate testing tools to guarantee proper operation.
You can also reset radio in your Chevy Suburban by following this steps below:
- A Chevy Silverado has to have the battery disconnected for roughly a minute before the computer can be reset.
- This is because the radio could not function if you reset it before turning it back on.
- Once you’ve done that, you may attempt to reset it by pushing and holding the radio’s power button.
- This should be held for around five seconds before being let go.
- Although there is a different technique to reset the radio, it can still not turn on.
- Don’t start the vehicle; just turn it on. After roughly five seconds, push the preset buttons nine times, holding each one down the entire time.
- After that, turn the radio back on by pressing and holding the power button for around five seconds.
The screen should now appear once again if this works. If not, your Chevy Silverado’s radio could need to be replaced
To reset the screen you need to follow the steps below. There are two methods for the very straightforward task to reset the computer on a Chevy Suburban.
- The first method is to briefly detach the battery.
- Once your radio has powered on, you should continue to hold down the power button for around five seconds.
- The second method involves turning the ignition on but without starting the engine.
- The preset buttons should be pressed nine times consecutively after roughly five seconds have passed, and then the power button should be held down for similarly long period of time.
In the event that resetting your Chevy Suburban radio does not resolve your screen troubles, you may need to replace the radio in your vehicle.