One of the easiest and safest features that Apple has introduced is Apple CarPlay. However, occasionally the connectivity problem prevents the user from having a seamless experience.
Make sure Siri and CarPlay are turned on on your iPhone before you start. Ensure that the “Press Home for Siri” option under “Siri & Search” in settings is selected as well.
Before you can use CarPlay, you must enable it in the infotainment system settings of your TrailBlazer. To achieve this, go to Settings, click the Apps tab, and ensure Apple CarPlay is enabled.
Why Chevy Trailblazer CarPlay Is Not Working
There are a variety of reasons why Apple CarPlay might not launch on your TrailBlazer when you connect in the USB wire and there isn’t a CarPlay icon in the list of apps on the infotainment system:
- Your TrailBlazer’s infotainment system settings have CarPlay turned off.
- If your iPhone’s CarPlay feature is disabled, go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps and turn it on.
- You are utilizing a faulty Lightning to USB cable. A different cable should be tried, ideally an original Apple cable.
- Your TrailBlazer’s attached USB port does not allow CarPlay. Test several USB ports.
- The CarPlay issue is caused by a computer bug. Restore the infotainment system of the TrailBlazer to its default settings.
You are mistaken if you believe that CarPlay will allow you to use all of your iPhone apps in your Chevy TrailBlazer. You must put up with limitations and a small variety of suitable apps, particularly when using Messaging apps. Siri is the primary method of controlling iMessage and WhatsApp. You can only have new messages read to you or even dictate messages, therefore you are unable to view your message history.
How to Fix Chevy Trailblazer CarPlay Not Working
Verify that CarPlay is turned on on your iPhone. Re-enable CarPlay since a number of settings may be interfering with it. Connect it to your car by going to Settings > General > CarPlay.
Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps if you have iOS 14 and have disabled CarPlay.
Verify that CarPlay is on in your locked vehicle. If it is prohibited when your phone is locked, it cannot be triggered when the screen is off. To fix this, navigate to Settings > General > CarPlay and choose your vehicle from the list of potential connections. Turn on Allow CarPlay While Locked after that.
Check to see if the USB cord is working properly if your car supports CarPlay. Look for any broken or damaged wire components to determine whether the wire is original. Purchase a brand-new, genuine cable because occasionally a frayed wire is the root of the issue you’re experiencing.
Another solution is to disconnect and reconnect to CarPlay. How to do it:
- Select the vehicle you want to connect by tapping it under Settings > General > CarPlay.
- Simply select “Forget this Car.”
- To reset and reconnect, start both your car and iPhone.
Max AnthonyMax is a gizmo-savvy guy, who has a tendency to get pulled into the nitty gritty details of technology and cars. He attended UT Austin, where he studied Information Science. He’s married and has three kids, one dog and a GMC truck and a Porsche 911. With a large family, he still finds time to share tips and tricks on cars, trucks and more.
Review engine, brake issues, error codes and more with a Mechanic Online in just minutes.Ask a Mechanic Live Now